There are plenty of reasons why I make possibly the worst Pastors Wife ever. And for those that know me, I’m sure they could add a few reasons of their own.
- For starters, I don’t have the gift of hospitality. Or organ playing. And that seems to be a requirement of pastor’s wives.
- My 4 year old recently said the word dammit and I’m pretty sure she didn’t hear it from her father.
- The only craving I have had in my current pregnancy is wine. Delicious red wine. (Don’t worry, I haven’t given in yet).
- I love Greys Anatomy and Revenge, and 90210 (the original) is still at the top of my list.
- I don’t like to pray outloud.
- Most revealing however, is that I hate going to church. There. I said it. I hate going to church.
In fact, I have always hated going to church. But let me be clear – it’s the GOING that I hate. In high school, there were not many things appealing enough to get up for at 8am on a weekend. In college, new found freedom led to late Saturday nights and it was super hard to get up for church after going to bed just a few hours prior. After college, I returned home but didn’t want to go to the church I grew up in and it’s hard to start going to a new one by yourself. Translation: It was always easy for me to have an excuse not to go. Continue reading